Founded in 1992, Armila is one of the largest international wholesale pharmaceutical distributors in Lithuania. The main focus of the company is the provision of pharmaceuticals and medicinal products to pharmacies and hospitals nationwide. Initially, the company has been operating in Lithuania, Baltics and its neighbouring countries. Currently, Armila mostly concentrates on Lithuania’s market and strengthening the position of the national pharmaceutical market.
Highlights of the company history:
- In 2008, a package of the company’s controlling shares was acquired by one of the leading pharmaceutical wholesalers in Germany „Alliance Healthcare Deutschland AG“ (then – Andreae-Noris Zahn AG (ANZAG). Since then, the company has become an international foreign-capital enterprise.
- In 2010, one of the largest pharmaceutical wholesalers and retailers in Europe at that time, „Alliance Boots” acquired the package of ANZAG controlling shares, therefore, Armila has become a part of „Alliance Boots”.
- In 2015, „Alliance Boots” group merged with US retail pharmaceutical giant „Walgreens” and created the biggest pharmaceutical wholesaler and retailer Walgreens Boots Alliance, operating in 25 countries worldwide.
- In 2021 Alliance Healthcare together with Armila UAB joining to US pharmaceutical wholesaler AmerisourceBergen. The acquisition of Alliance Healthcare by AmerisourceBergen is completed, expanding the ability to provide innovative and global healthcare solutions for patients around the world.
We are more than happy to have access to the extraordinary experience and know-how of international pharmaceutical leaders. In our daily work, we seek sustainable growth and the ability to reach our highest goals. We seek to provide our clients with only the top quality services, fully meeting the expectations and high standards of the industry:
- Wholesale and retail of pharmaceutical products;
- Pharmaceutical and medicinal product provision for hospitals;
- Representation of pharmaceutical manufacturers;
- Third-party warehousing and logistics (3PL);
- Wholesale of veterinary pharmaceuticals;
- Clinical trial logistics and other services.